A gorgeous floral arrangement brightens up any space and adds an element of interest and a pop of color. Here are a few tips for getting the most out of your flowers so you can enjoy them as long as possible.
- Often when flowers are being delivered the water level isn’t topped off.
This is to prevent spillage in transit. Immediately top off your arrangement when you receive it.
- Make sure there are no leaves or greens on the stem below the water level.
- Remove any wilting leaves or petals as they occur.
- Trim the stems if you notice the bottoms starting to turn brown or the color starts to fade.
- Make sure they always have plenty of water. Keep the water level high and clear near the top of the vase.
- If your flowers are in floral foam check that it is damp every other day or so. Take it to the sink and add water until you can see standing water, dump the excess, dry the container and you’re all set.
- If you see leaves floating in the water or the water starts to get murky dump it out and add fresh water.
- Keep in a cool area out of direct sunlight.